It looks like beef!
Beet Bean Vegan Veggie Burgers
2 Fresh small beets
1 onion (I used large)
1/2 can black beans
1/2 can chick peas
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp dill spice
1 tsp mustard spice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp olive oil for onions
1 tsp olive oil for frying burgers
* Food Processor or blender
1. Peel and cut onions into bite size pieces, fry them in skillet
2. “Peel” beets from their skin and soak and wash good to get the grit off them
3. Make your rice according to the instructions on the package
4. Add the beets to the food processor or blender until they look like little chunks (similar to ground meat), dump in big bowl or pot
5. Do the same with the black beans and the chick peas, add them to the skillet and fry them up a bit
6. Add frozen corn to skillet and mix around for a bit
7. Add all the rest of the ingredients, the rice, and the skillet ingredients to the big bowl or pot with the beets in them, mix well
8. If you need more bread crumbs to make the mixture more firm, go ahead and do so. You want the mixture to be semi-firm so you can make burgers out of them
9. Use a lid from a screwed on jar the size of the burgers you want. I used a peanut screwed on lid to make my burgers round, or just pat out old school into a circle.
10. Skillet fry them until they are browning on each side. They will be warm throughout after about 5 minutes.
The best part about these burgers is that you can’t under-cook them and get sick from raw beets! You can eat this mixture right out of the bowl if you wanted. You can taste it before you get the patties going. Add whatever spice you like in your burgers. If you usually eat beef burgers, why not give your gut a rest for a night and eat a meatless meal! You don’t have to have a label like vegetarian or vegan to eat this or any of my recipes.